Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Share a smile

Week two's challenge is to share a smile. I had trouble with this challenge because I did not want to "set up" a photo. I found this smile in my neighbor's garage. He is an avid hunter and has a huge display of turkey fans (such as this one), deer mounts, fish, and all sorts of other wild game along with barbed wire, antlers, acorns, old signs, and other things you would see in the outdoors. I have found that many hunters and outdoorsman, as rugged as they are, have an artistic side to them.

If I could change one thing about the picture it would be the feather that is sticking down on the left side of the photo. It seems to throw things out of balance. I wanted to try to use the rule of thirds but the boards this fan is displayed are not wide enough, I did not want the white wall to blow out the picture. Here are the specs: Av - 4.5, Tv - 1/25 (this worries me, I fear it will be blurry when expanded), EV - -1, ISO - 6400.

Here are some other pics I took throughout the week before capturing the one above:


Above: some bacon wrapped tenderloin over charcoal. It was simply too dark. Needed a tripod to keep it still enough. Right: My neighbor holding his bow, the bow was kind of in a smile but I did not like the white in the background. I was also having trouble due to the window just out of the shot to the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment