Tuesday, March 26, 2013

not so "Spring" break

Well, "Spring" break was quite the dud this year. Despite the weather my wife and I did manage to make a trip to my hometown (Renick, WV). My original plan was to go fishing and hiking in the Cranberry Wilderness, site see at places such as the falls of Hills Creek, Droop Mountain Battlefield, and Beartown State Park however, the weather simply did not cooperate. This led to me shooting random video around the ol' home place.

The first opportunity I had was to shoot was while my dad and I ripped plywood for a teardrop camper he is building. Growing up we always had a project or two or three going. He was always building and working on something. This of course led to needing my brothers and I to help him. We spent many Saturdays in the barn or garage. While we would work he would always have bluegrass music playing. Occasionally we would take breaks to get a drink, eat supper, or just watch wildlife.

The next shots I had the opportunity to take are of another hobby of my father's; playing the banjo. On Friday nights at "The Pretty Penny"(a restaurant just down the road in Hillsboro, WV) my dad and whoever else wants to join in play music on the stage for the patrons and anyone decides to drop in and grab a bite to eat. It was on that stage I learned to play guitar.

All of the shots in the video incorporate the scenes mentioned above. The music in the video is actually from a bluegrass band located in Renick named "The Black Mountain Bluegrass Boys". I wanted to use the audio from the actual video but the restaurant was simply too loud.

 Hope you enjoy!!

Not so "Spring" Break from Curt Mann on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment